Thursday, November 22, 2007

Forgot to introduce myself...

I guess i kinda jumped the gun w/ the blog and all and forgot to introduce myself.

I am a 22 yr old college student. I am a 5th year senior studying Aerospace Engineering at PSU (graduating in the spring '08). I enjoy computer programming and do so in numerous languages, most of which I learned just because I wanted to(Languages include: C++, Fortran, Matlab, LabVIEW, php, perl, and some java/javascript). My ultimate job at this moment would be a test engineer who specializes in the acquisition of data and creation of acquisition systems for vibration, noise and aerodynamic testing.

I am engaged to the most beautiful woman on this earth (been together 5 yrs this upcoming january) with our wedding coming this july. She's also a senior at PSU studying Elementary Education. She's quite possibly the most important person in my life.





I have attended instruction for playing the piano for over 12 yrs (starting at the age of 5). I also trained in Martial Arts for a little bit over 8.5 yrs (Shinjitsu Do).

I'm very interested in "Wilderness Survival" and possess a wide variety of skills that intertwine with it (fire starting, shelter building, clothes making, weaving, slinging, archery, rope making, knitting and even crocheting and etc etc etc). Further skills that I wish to learn would be intricate but primitive snare/trap setups and flint knapping.

I also have a lil crutch that I play video games and have my favorites. In my apartment, the guys and I play Counter Strike (version 1.6.... no source yet for us. Visit the online community that i am apart of.) and AoE3 (Age of Empires). I also play the online real time games: Ogame and Gladiatus.

I consider myself a renaissance man because of my need to learn information... no matter how useless or abstract it may seem at the time. My friends have said that I "...possess a little bit of knowledge on everything...". I like to hold conversations (no matter how controversial) on any topic and always love to hear your side of the story if you're willing to hear mine.

All in all, I'm a twenty something yr old geek who wants to learn more. This blog will be used to spout some information and thoughts out(as I remember them... mayb i should get a lil notebook to jot down thoughts as they pass...). I encourage discussion on any topic (whether it be constructive or not).

Return and you'll be engaged eventually as I hit a topic you're interested in.

2 comments:

Kyle said...

Nice to meet you again, Paul.

Paul Di Biase said...

lol
always a pleasure to meet w/ you kyle